Cauliflower pizza with goat’s cheese and broccoli
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 30 min
Instead of dough, make a pizza base with cauliflower with garlic, parmesan and mozzarella then top it with Tenderstem broccoli and goat’s cheese.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g parmesan, grated
- 25g mozzarella, torn
- 1 x 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 50g goat’s cheese with rind, sliced
- 50g black olives
- 20g pine nuts, toasted
- Small handful fresh basil, torn
- Rocket salad, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and line a large oven tray with greaseproof paper. To make the pizza base, whizz the cauliflower in a food processor to a fine, crumb-like texture. Place in a microwave-proof bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave on the highest setting for 3-4 minutes until steamed.
- When cool enough to handle, tip the cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and wring out all the excess liquid. Repeat several times until completely dry. Place in a large bowl and mix in the egg, garlic, parmesan and mozzarella. Season well and use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a ball.
- Transfer the cauliflower ball to the tray and flatten with your fingers, forming a round about 1cm thick. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and it holds its shape.
- Meanwhile, blitz the chopped tomatoes in the food processor until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and add the tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, oregano and chilli flakes. Bring to a boil then simmer until thick and spreadable, about 5 minutes.
- Steam the Tenderstem until just cooked through, but still retaining a little bite. Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza base, then top with the Tenderstem, goat’s cheese and black olives. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the cheese starts to melt. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and basil and serve with a rocket salad.
RECIPE FROM TENDERSTEM
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian Christmas dinner recipes
Whole roasted cauliflower with leeks and cheese sauce
Roasting a whole cauliflower makes an impressive vegetarian centrepiece, especially when it’s covered in a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...