Chargrilled florentine T-bone
- March 2014
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 30 min, plus resting
A T-bone is a great centrepiece for any dinner where you’re entertaining. Try this steak recipe from Ben Tish, ready in 30 minutes.
- 21.8g (8.6g saturated)
- 0.4g (0.1g sugars)
- 2 x 1kg British dry-aged T-bone steaks, left at room temperature for at least 1 hour (see tips)
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 knobs unsalted butter, softened
- Zest and juice 1 large unwaxed lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Put a griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the steaks on both sides with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. When?the pan is very hot, cook the steaks on one side for 2-3 minutes until caramelised, then turn over and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes (you may have to use two griddle pans or fry the steaks one after the other). Transfer the steaks to a large baking tray and put in the oven for 5 minutes. The meat will be medium rare.
- Remove the steaks from the oven, then spread a knob of butter over each and squeeze over the lemon juice. Leave in a warm spot to rest for a few minutes.
- Cut the meat away from the bones, then thickly slice. Arrange the meat on a platter or board, then scatter over the lemon zest, chopped garlic and rosemary, and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to serve.
T-bone steaks look enormous but the bones are pretty big, so six people should comfortably be able to finish two.
Bringing the steaks up to room temperature first will help them cook more evenly.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
All-American T-bone steak with sweet potato chips
There are times when ‘quick cooking’ is required, and for this you need to call...
Chargrilled steak with roasted squash
This hearty steak dinner recipe is sweetened with maple syrup and baked squash.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...