Charred spicy pepper pesto with steak and green salad
- August 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, cooking time 20 min
Make your own speedy pepper pesto, then drizzle generously over seared sirloin steaks and fresh rocket – a brilliant and impressive midweek meal.
For another speedy steak recipe that you can make on a weeknight, see our spice-rubbed steak with tomato salad.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 48.4g (9.7g saturated)
- 8.9g (7.3g sugars)
- 2 large peppers
- Glug of oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 40g pine nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bunch each of fresh basil and flat leaf parsley
- 4 British sirloin steaks (about 200g each)
- 2 avocados
- Small bag of rocket
- Deseed and roughly chop the peppers. In a large frying pan, heat a glug of oil and fry the peppers for 10-15 minutes, then tip into a food processor with the olive oil, pine nuts, half of the lemon juice and a basil and parsley. Season well, then pulse until the pesto comes together.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a high heat until the oil is shimmering hot. Add the steaks to the hot pan and fry for 2½ minutes on each side (for medium rare), remove from the pan, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, peel, stone and slice the avocados, then put in a salad bowl along with a the rocket. Squeeze over the other lemon half and add a drizzle of olive oil, then season and toss to coat. Serve with the steak and pesto.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...