Spice-rubbed steak and warm tomato salad
- June 2018
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min
A sizzling supper of seared steak and greens that gives maximum satisfaction – and it’s ready in minutes.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 9g (3g sat fat)
- 4.3g (3.1g sugars)
- 150g lean British sirloin or rump steak, trimmed of any fat
- Pinch cumin seeds, toasted in a dry frying pan and lightly crushed
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- Handful rocket, spinach and watercress salad
- Rub the steak with the crushed cumin, zest of ½ lemon, salt and black pepper, then spray all over with the olive oil. Heat a griddle pan until hot, then sear the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest, then slice.
- Put the olive oil in a separate clean frying pan and warm on a low heat with the garlic, a pinch of sea salt and the juice of ½ lemon. Add the sliced tomato and warm gently for a few minutes.
- Toss the salad leaves with an extra squeeze of lemon and a little salt, then serve with the steak and the warm tomatoes alongside.
Serve with a splash of Tabasco if you want to pep up the heat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Charred spicy pepper pesto with steak and green salad
Make your own speedy pepper pesto, then drizzle generously over seared sirloin steaks and fresh...
Chargrilled steak with caramelised golden beetroot
This chargrilled steak with caramelised golden beetroots recipe tastes every bit as good as it...