Cheat’s chicken and leek pot pies
- January 2009
- 2 ready-roasted chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a knob of butter
- 110g baby leeks
- 70g pack smoked bacon lardons
- 170g mustard and tarragon cooking sauce or 170g of your favourite creamy sauce
- 100ml double cream
- 450g pack ready-made mashed potato with cheese
- Preheat the grill to high. Remove the skin from the chicken breasts, and thickly slice the meat.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter, then fry the leeks and bacon lardons for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes more. Pour the cooking sauce, cream and a splash of water into the pan. Bubble until warmed through, check the seasoning, then spoon between 2 x 500ml pie dishes.
- Meanwhile, cook mashed potato in the microwave according to pack instructions. Spoon the mash over the pies and pop them under the grill for 3 minutes to brown.
These fabulous pies would work equally well with puff pastry tops.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...