Cheat’s sausage and gnocchi bake
- October 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
A quick and easy-to-make gnocchi recipe, with sausages and peperonata, that you will have ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 6 pork chipolata sausages
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 200g gnocchi
- 150g peperonata
- 395g can peeled cherry tomatoes
- Small bunch fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Heat a splash of olive oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat, and fry the sausages for 5 minutes until browned all over. Remove from the pan, add the onion wedges and cook over a medium-low heat until softened and beginning to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the gnocchi for 2 minutes or until they rise to the surface, then drain well.
- Pour the peperonata and canned tomatoes into a small ovenproof dish (about 1.2 litres) and season with salt and pepper. Stir through the sausages, onion and parsley. Top with the gnocchi and feta, pushing the gnocchi into the sauce. Bake for 15-20 minutes until piping hot and cooked through.
We have used chipolatas but you can vary the flavour by using other types of sausages.
Rate & review