Cheat’s sticky sausage kebabs with lemon potatoes
- July 2009
- 300g new potatoes
- 6 pork sausages, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 6 streaky bacon rashers, cut in half
- 6 rosemary sprigs (with all but the top leaves removed)
- Smoky barbecue marinade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A knob of butter
- The pared zest and juice of ½ lemon
- A handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the new potatoes for 15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, thread the halves of the sausages, onion, pepper and bacon onto rosemary sprigs and brush with smoky barbecue marinade.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan (or light/preheat the barbecue) and cook or barbecue for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the sausages are cooked through and the veg is chargrilled.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain and crush with a fork. Stir in butter, seasoning, the lemon zest and juice, and a handful of fresh parsley. Serve the kebabs with the lemon potatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...