Cheat’s sticky sausage kebabs with lemon potatoes
- July 2009
- serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make and 15 min to cook
These sticky sausage kebabs make an ideal dish for the barbecue and can be made in no time when using a pre-made marinade.
- 300g new potatoes
- 6 pork sausages, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 6 streaky bacon rashers, cut in half
- 6 rosemary sprigs (with all but the top leaves removed)
- Smoky barbecue marinade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A knob of butter
- The pared zest and juice of ½ lemon
- A handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the new potatoes for 15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, thread the halves of the sausages, onion, pepper and bacon onto rosemary sprigs and brush with smoky barbecue marinade.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan (or light/preheat the barbecue) and cook or barbecue for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the sausages are cooked through and the veg is chargrilled.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain and crush with a fork. Stir in butter, seasoning, the lemon zest and juice, and a handful of fresh parsley. Serve the kebabs with the lemon potatoes.
Rate & review