Lemon and mint lamb kebabs with couscous salad
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make and 10-12 minutes to cook
Lamb leg steaks are used in these easy-to-make lemon and mint kebabs. Served with a tomato couscous salad, this makes a great summer meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 500g lamb leg steaks
- 4 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 small-medium courgettes, halved lengthways and thickly sliced
For the lemon and mint dressing
- Grated zest from 3 lemons
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp granular Canderel
- 4 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
For the couscous
- 125g couscous
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Cut the lamb into cubes, thread onto metal skewers alternating with the onions and courgettes.
- Mix together the lemon juice, zest, garlic, olive oil, and Canderel.
- To make the couscous salad, put the couscous into a bowl, pour over the stock and leave to stand for 10 minutes then fluff up with a fork. Add 2 tbsp of the lemon and mint dressing, stir into the couscous. When cool add the tomatoes and spring onions and season if needed and toss together.
- To cook the kebabs, preheat the barbecue, brush the kebabs with some of the dressing. Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning until the lamb is cooked. Serve with the couscous salad with any extra dressing drizzled over the kebabs.
This dish is part of a paid advertorial and is not a delicious. created and tested recipe.
Rate & review