Quick chicken kebabs with gremolata
- January 2010
- 400g pack chicken breast pieces
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ras al hanout (from the spice section of major supermarkets)
- 100g baby courgettes, cut on the diagonal into 2cm pieces
- 100g red and yellow cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 small garlic clove
- Small handful each fresh basil and fresh flatleaf parsley
- 4 white pittas
- Put the chicken in a bowl, add half the lemon zest and half the lemon juice, the ras al hanout and 2 tbsp olive oil, season well and mix together.
- Preheat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Slide the chicken pieces onto metal skewers, alternating with the courgettes and tomatoes. Brush with more marinade, then griddle for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Remove and set aside. Leave the pan to cool a little, then wipe clean.
- Meanwhile, make the gremolata. Whizz together the garlic, herbs, 3 tbsp olive oil and the remaining lemon zest and juice.
- Griddle the pittas for 1-2 minutes until warmed through. Serve the skewers with the gremolata, griddled pittas and some tzatziki, if you like.
Rate & review