Cheat’s Thai prawn stir-fry
- June 2010
- Serves 2
- Ready in 10 min
This super-quick Thai stir-fry recipe works really well with strips of rump steak or chicken breast, too.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 200g large raw peeled prawns
- 1½ tsp Thai seven-spice powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 x 300g bag stir-fry vegetables
- 125g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 120g packet Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli and Kaffir Lime Leaf Stir Fry Sauce, or similar
- 250g steamed basmati rice
- Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Coat the prawns in the Thai seven-spice powder and set aside in the fridge. Heat the oil in a large wok. When hot, add the stir-fry vegetables and sugar snap peas, and fry over a high heat for 2 minutes.
- Push the veg to one side of the wok and add the coated prawns, then stir-fry for a further minute. Add the stir-fry sauce and toss everything together until the prawns are cooked through.
- Heat the basmati rice according to the pack instructions and stir through half the coriander. Add the remaining coriander to the stir-fry and serve with the rice, with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review