Cheese, chutney and chipolata pinwheels
- March 2007
- 12 Cumberland chipolata sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices fresh white bloomer bread
- Butter, softened, for spreading
- 8 slices mature Cheddar
- Few fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
- 4 tbsp chutney (we like Mrs Ball’s, from Sainsbury’s), to serve
- Keeping the chipolatas attached, lay them out in a long line, like a train. Snip them into 4 smaller trains of 3 chipolatas each. Take 1 pile and twirl the chipolatas round and into a pinwheel. Use 1-2 toothpicks to fix in place and repeat with the rest of the chipolatas to give 4 pinwheels.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chipolata pinwheels and cook for about 5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove and discard the toothpicks.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the bread on a baking sheet and grill for about 1 minute or until toasted. Turn the bread over, spread each slice with butter and place a pinwheel on each. Layer the cheese on top and pop back under the grill for 1 minute, until the cheese begins to melt. Garnish with the thyme and serve with a dollop of chutney.
You’ll need toothpicks to secure the chipolata pinwheels in place.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sausages with creamy spinach sauce and garlic and caper mash
We’ve taken bangers and mash to a whole new level by adding garlic and capers...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...