Cheeseburgers in toasted sesame buns
- June 2005
- for 4 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 12-16 minutes on the barbecue, plus chilling
The better the beef the better the burger – these cheeseburger in sesame buns are made using lean mince to cut down the calories.
Per serving: 794kcals, 43.6g fat (20.7g saturated), 57.8g protein, 42.4g carbs, 4.4g sugar, 2.6g salt
- Good splash of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 onion, very finely chopped
- 650g lean beef mince
- Good splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 225g Cheddar, thinly sliced
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns or crusty rolls, split
- Lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced red onion, to serve
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan, and cook the garlic and onion for 1-2 minutes until softened. Cool slightly, then put into a bowl with the mince, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Mix very well. Divide into 4 and shape into burgers. Chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Barbecue the burgers directly over a medium heat for 12-16 minutes, turning once, until cooked. Top with cheese for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
- Toast the buns for 1-2 minutes. Layer the lettuce, burger, tomato and onion on the bun base. Top with the other bun half and serve with mustard.
You could cook the burgers under a medium-hot grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and sweet potato burgers with chilli, mint and mashed avocado
Slices of halloumi and sweet potato are marinated, grilled and placed in burger buns spread...