Cheeseburgers in toasted sesame buns
- June 2005
- for 4 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 12-16 minutes on the barbecue, plus chilling
The better the beef the better the burger – these cheeseburger in sesame buns are made using lean mince to cut down the calories.
Per serving: 794kcals, 43.6g fat (20.7g saturated), 57.8g protein, 42.4g carbs, 4.4g sugar, 2.6g salt
- Good splash of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 onion, very finely chopped
- 650g lean beef mince
- Good splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 225g Cheddar, thinly sliced
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns or crusty rolls, split
- Lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced red onion, to serve
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan, and cook the garlic and onion for 1-2 minutes until softened. Cool slightly, then put into a bowl with the mince, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Mix very well. Divide into 4 and shape into burgers. Chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Barbecue the burgers directly over a medium heat for 12-16 minutes, turning once, until cooked. Top with cheese for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
- Toast the buns for 1-2 minutes. Layer the lettuce, burger, tomato and onion on the bun base. Top with the other bun half and serve with mustard.
You could cook the burgers under a medium-hot grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and sweet potato burgers with chilli, mint and mashed avocado
Slices of halloumi and sweet potato are marinated, grilled and placed in burger buns spread...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...