Cherry tomato and herb puff tarts
- March Unwins supplement 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on-time 15 mins, oven time 40mins
Nestled in the heart of these flakey puff pastry tarts is a moreish combination of salty parmesan, aromatic herbs and succulent, sun-kissed tomatoes. Serve them at your next summertime dinner party and you’re bound to impress
- Vegetarian recipes
- 515 kcal
- 37g (16.4g saturated)
- 33.3g (4.3g sugar)
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 375g ready-rolled all butter puff pastry
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 25g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 6. Put the cherry tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with a little oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes until softened and turning sticky.
- Meanwhile, unroll the pastry. Trim and discard 5cm off the uneven end from the centre of the coil. Cut into 4 rectangles and transfer to a baking sheet. Lightly score a border 1cm from the edge of each rectangle and prick the middles with a fork.
- Bake for 8 minutes until puffed up and just starting to turn golden. Press the centres of the rectangles down with your fingers, leaving the border raised higher.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl mix the cream cheese, 1 egg yolk, parmesan and chives, season and divide among the tarts. Top with the tomatoes, then lightly beat the other yolk and brush over the pastry borders. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden. Serve drizzled with oil and scattered with fresh basil leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...