Blackberry, mint and elderflower fool
- September 2016
- 400g ripe blackberries
- 2-3 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 120g caster sugar
- a few fresh mint sprigs
- 300ml double cream
- 250ml full-fat Greek yogurt
- Put the blackberries in a saucepan with the elderflower cordial, caster sugar and fresh mint sprigs.
- Set the pan over a medium heat and gently bubble the mixture for 10-15 minutes until the berries soften and release their juices, then reduce to a thick coulis. Remove from the heat and let it cool a little, then taste, adding more sugar or a dash more cordial if needed. Remove the mint sprigs (discard). Allow the mixture to cool completely (it will become more like jam in consistency).
- Pour the double cream into a large bowl then, using an electric mixer, whisk to soft-medium peaks. Stir in the Greek yogurt, then fold in the cooled blackberry coulis, creating a swirled effect. Spoon the fool into 6 serving dishes and serve straightaway, or cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
Rate & review