Blackberry, mint and elderflower fool
- September 2016
- 400g ripe blackberries
- 2-3 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 120g caster sugar
- a few fresh mint sprigs
- 300ml double cream
- 250ml full-fat Greek yogurt
- Put the blackberries in a saucepan with the elderflower cordial, caster sugar and fresh mint sprigs.
- Set the pan over a medium heat and gently bubble the mixture for 10-15 minutes until the berries soften and release their juices, then reduce to a thick coulis. Remove from the heat and let it cool a little, then taste, adding more sugar or a dash more cordial if needed. Remove the mint sprigs (discard). Allow the mixture to cool completely (it will become more like jam in consistency).
- Pour the double cream into a large bowl then, using an electric mixer, whisk to soft-medium peaks. Stir in the Greek yogurt, then fold in the cooled blackberry coulis, creating a swirled effect. Spoon the fool into 6 serving dishes and serve straightaway, or cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...