Chicken and cashew nut stir-fry
- September 2006
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 450g skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large carrot, quartered and cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 pak choi, stems sliced and leaves torn
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 300g beansprouts
- 100g cashew nuts, toasted
- 200g dried egg noodles, cooked according to packet instructions, to serve
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce, season with black pepper and set aside.
- Put the wok over a high heat for 1 minute. Add the groundnut oil and chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until nearly cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the carrot, celery, pepper and chilli to the wok and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic and pak choi stems and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the onions and beansprouts and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, along with the pak choi leaves. Stir-fry for 1 minute, add the sauce and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the cashews and serve with cooked noodles.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...