Chicken and creamy sweetcorn bake
- June 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 5 mins, plus 30 mins cooking time
This classic combo of chicken and sweetcorn recipe doubles easily to make a quick and tasty dinner for the family.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp frozen chopped garlic or 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- A bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 250g frozen sweetcorn
- 20g grated Parmesan
- 150ml double cream
- 75ml white wine
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 2 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and gently fry garlic and spring onions until softened.
- In a large bowl, mix the garlic and onions with sweetcorn, Parmesan, double cream and white wine. Season well, tumble into a medium ovenproof dish and dot with butter.
- Season the chicken breasts and place on top of the sweetcorn. Arrange 2 rashers of streaky bacon over each breast and cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken breast recipes
Chicken with creamy sweetcorn, green beans and spring onions
This chicken dish with sweetcorn, green beans and a creamy sauce is an easy dinner...
Sticky roast chicken thighs with carrot, sweetcorn and herb salad
A simple roast recipe using chicken thighs, served with a quick and easy salad, makes...