Chicken and creamy sweetcorn bake
- June 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 5 mins, plus 30 mins cooking time
This classic combo of chicken and sweetcorn recipe doubles easily to make a quick and tasty dinner for the family.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp frozen chopped garlic or 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- A bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 250g frozen sweetcorn
- 20g grated Parmesan
- 150ml double cream
- 75ml white wine
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 2 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and gently fry garlic and spring onions until softened.
- In a large bowl, mix the garlic and onions with sweetcorn, Parmesan, double cream and white wine. Season well, tumble into a medium ovenproof dish and dot with butter.
- Season the chicken breasts and place on top of the sweetcorn. Arrange 2 rashers of streaky bacon over each breast and cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken breast recipes
Chicken with creamy sweetcorn, green beans and spring onions
This chicken with creamy sweetcorn is an easy recipe for two, made with roasted chicken...
Sticky roast chicken thighs with carrot, sweetcorn and herb salad
A simple roast recipe using chicken thighs, served with a quick and easy salad, makes...