Chicken with creamy sweetcorn, green beans and spring onions
- September 2014
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 10-15 min
This chicken dish with sweetcorn, green beans and a creamy sauce is an easy dinner for two, but it’s also good enough for date night.
Here’s another elegant yet easy-breezy chicken dinner for two: crispy roast chicken thighs with chorizo.
- 22.8g (6.2g saturated)
- 19.1g (4.2g sugars)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 large, free-range chicken breasts (skin on)
- 300ml fresh chicken stock
- 200g sweetcorn kernels
- 150g green beans
- Splash of cream
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Small bunch spring onions, trimmed
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat a drizzle of oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Fry the chicken breasts, skin-side down, for 3 minutes or until the skin is crisp. Turn the chicken over, then put the pan in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the chicken stock in a pan until simmering. Add the sweetcorn kernels and green beans, simmer until tender, then remove with a slotted spoon and divide among two warmed dishes (leave the pan on the heat). Add a splash of cream and the wholegrain mustard to the stock, then bubble to thicken slightly. Season to taste.
- Slice the spring onions and stir into the sauce. Cut each chicken breast in half and divide among the plates, then spoon over the sauce.
Rate & review