Summer chicken pilaf
- August 2008
- 1 chopped onion
- 25g butter
- Dash olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 225g basmati rice
- 175g shelled broad beans
- 425ml chicken stock
- Handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped pistachios
- In a large frying pan, fry the chopped onion in butter and olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts and brown, then stir in the basmati rice, broad beans and chicken stock. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flatleaf parsley and the chopped pistachios and season. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes, then serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy family meals
Quick Japanese-style chicken with pea and herb rice
Our gluten-free Japanese-style chicken, served with a pea and herb rice, is also low in...