Chicken and mozzarella in tomato sauce
- September 2006
- 4 skinned chicken breasts
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 500g tub fresh tomato pasta sauce
- 75g pitted black olives
- Handful shredded fresh basil leaves, plus 8 whole leaves
- 125g mozzarella ball, cut into 8 thin slices and patted dry with kitchen paper
- 4 slices Parma ham
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film into 5mm thick escalopes. Brush with a little olive oil, season, and cook in a hot frying pan for 3-4 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked and golden.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. In a small pan, heat the pasta sauce until hot. Stir in the olives and shredded basil.
- Pour into a shallow ovenproof dish, lay the chicken on top and cover each escalope with 2 mozzarella slices, 2 basil leaves and 1 slice Parma ham. Grill for 5-6 minutes, until bubbling. Serve with olive oil mash and green vegetables.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Broad beans, peas with mozzarella and parma ham crumble
A vibrant broad bean recipe showcasing the best of the summer’s green veg – with...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...