Chicken tikka masala skewers with yogurt cucumber salad
- May 2011
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 min to make, 10 - 15 min to cook, plus marinating
Leave these to marinate before work and dinner’s ready in half the time!
- 70g pack Patak’s Easy Tikka Masala for Two (from major supermarkets)
- 300g natural yogurt
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Vegetable oil for drizzling
- ½ cucumber
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic flatbread (from major supermarkets)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Mix the curry paste with 200g of the natural yogurt, spread over the chicken, then leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 10 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat a griddle until hot. Remove the chicken from the marinade, slide onto metal skewers, drizzle with vegetable oil, then griddle on all sides for 3-4 minutes in total until lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, tip the unused marinade into a pan and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the skewers to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Scoop out the seeds from the cucumber and discard, then finely slice into long thin strips with a peeler and put in a bowl. Add the cumin seeds, along with the rest of the yogurt and the mint. Season well and serve with the chicken skewers, sauce and a torn warm flatbread.
The skewers are great served with steamed rice instead of flatbread
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken thigh recipes
Tandoori-style chicken skewers with green rice and cherry salad
Take your barbecue up a notch with lightly charred courgette, pepper and marinated chicken skewers....