Chicken tikka masala skewers with yogurt cucumber salad
- May 2011
- 70g pack Patak’s Easy Tikka Masala for Two (from major supermarkets)
- 300g natural yogurt
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Vegetable oil for drizzling
- ½ cucumber
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic flatbread (from major supermarkets)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Mix the curry paste with 200g of the natural yogurt, spread over the chicken, then leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 10 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat a griddle until hot. Remove the chicken from the marinade, slide onto metal skewers, drizzle with vegetable oil, then griddle on all sides for 3-4 minutes in total until lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, tip the unused marinade into a pan and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the skewers to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Scoop out the seeds from the cucumber and discard, then finely slice into long thin strips with a peeler and put in a bowl. Add the cumin seeds, along with the rest of the yogurt and the mint. Season well and serve with the chicken skewers, sauce and a torn warm flatbread.
The skewers are great served with steamed rice instead of flatbread
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken thigh recipes
Tandoori-style chicken skewers with green rice and cherry salad
Take your barbecue up a notch with lightly charred courgette, pepper and marinated chicken skewers....
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...