Chicken with lemon, garlic, herbs and potatoes
- November 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30-40 min
This midweek, one-pan roast is full of Mediterranean flavours. We use chicken thighs here so it’s an inexpensive, yet succulent dish.
- 18.1g (4.1g saturated)
- 14g (1.5g sugars)
- 300g waxy potatoes, such as charlotte
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 large lemon
- 2 fresh oregano sprigs
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 20 pitted kalamata olives
- 100ml dry white wine
- 8 free-range chicken thighs
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ fan180°C/gas 6. Chop the potatoes into chunks. Slice the garlic bulb horizontally. Slice the lemon and toss with the potatoes, oregano and thyme, garlic, olives and wine in a roasting tin large enough to fit everything in.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat. Rub the chicken thighs with olive oil, season and fry, skin-side down, for 8-10 minutes until golden. Quickly brown on the other side, then transfer to the roasting tin. Drizzle with more olive oil.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until the thighs are cooked (the juices will run clear when the thickest part of each thigh is pierced with a skewer). Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes, covered with foil. Chop the parsley, then toss through to serve.
Add a jar of roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and chopped, to the tin before you roast the potatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pearl barley recipes
Cider-braised chicken thighs with pearl barley, bacon, carrots and peas
September sees the ripening and falling of cider apples. Here Debbie Major shares her traditionally...
Italian chicken recipes
Roast chicken thighs stuffed with gorgonzola piccante, chilli and herbs
Trade in your Sunday roast for these Italian-inspired gorgonzola stuffed chicken thighs. This easy-to-make dinner...