Roast chicken thighs stuffed with gorgonzola piccante, chilli and herbs
- January 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 50-60 min
Trade in your Sunday roast for these Italian-inspired gorgonzola stuffed chicken thighs. This easy-to-make dinner recipe only requires one tray, leaving minimal washing up to be done.
- 42.2g (20.8g saturated)
- 5.4g (3.6g sugars)
- 180g mascarpone or cream cheese
- 70g gorgonzola piccante, crumbled
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, juice ½
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 5 sprigs each fresh rosemary and thyme, leaves finely chopped
- 2 fat garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 free-range, bone-in chicken thighs with skin on
- 75ml dry white wine
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 300g tenderstem broccoli
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the mascarpone/cream cheese, gorgonzola, lemon zest and juice, red chilli, herbs and garlic in a mixing bowl with some seasoning, then mash together using a fork.
- Using your fingers, work a pocket between the skin and the meat of the chicken thighs, then spoon in the stuffing, pressing it down to evenly spread. Put the thighs skin-side up in a large roasting tin, then pour the wine around them. Season the tops and drizzle with oil, then roast for 50-60 minutes until the skins are crisp and the chicken is cooked. Halfway through the cooking time, add the tenderstem to the tin.
- To serve, divide the chicken and broccoli among plates, then pour the juices from the tin into a jug. Serve alongside for people to drizzle over their chicken. Potatoes, chopped into small chunks and roasted on the shelf below the chicken, go brilliantly with this, as does a crisp salad.
If you want a break from blue, use 150g mascarpone or cream cheese mixed with 2-3 tbsp finely grated parmesan.
Make the stuffing 24 hours in advance but don’t season it as salt will make it runny.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy chicken recipes
Stuffed tarragon chicken with cannellini bean stew
This quick and easy chicken and cannellini bean stew is perfect for a midweek supper.