Chicory, carrot and dill coleslaw
- December 2016
- 3 thinly sliced red chicory
- ½ shredded red cabbage
- 2 granny smith apples, halved, cored and finely sliced
- 2 grated carrots,
- Large bunch of chopped fresh dill
- Small bunch of chopped fresh parsley
- 400g Greek yogurt,
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 100g good quality mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix together the chicory, shredded red cabbage and sliced apples. Add the grated carrots, chopped dill and parsley.
- In a large measuring jug mix together the Greek yogurt, garlic, mayonnaise, lime juice and zest and the salt and pepper.
- Stir the yogurt mixture into the sliced vegetables and season to taste.
This coleslaw is best served on the day but will keep for up to 12 hours, covered, in the fridge. Stir through the dill and parsley just before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy salad recipes
Roast carrot, beetroot and marjoram salad with fennel seed and yogurt dressing
Gently roasting carrots intensifies their sweet flavour. Tossed with fresh herbs and tangy dressing, they’re...