Chilli butter and crab pasta
- April 2022
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
Serve up a 15-minute meal that tastes like a restaurant dish. Our aromatic crab pasta is tossed with chilli butter, breadcrumbs and lemon.
Need dinner in a dash? You’ll find plenty more quick ideas in our 15-minute meals collection.
- 27g (7.8g saturated)
- 92g (4.2g sugars)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ small bunch parsley, chopped
- 200g spaghetti or linguine
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 banana shallot, very finely chopped
- 100g white crabmeat
- ½-1 tsp chilli flakes
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the breadcrumbs for 5 minutes until golden, stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the parsley. Set aside and wipe the pan clean.
- Cook the spaghetti or linguine in a pan of salted water according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil and the butter in the pan over a low-medium heat. Add the shallot and a pinch of salt and fry for 7 minutes to soften. Stir in the crab, chilli, lemon zest and juice.
- Toss the pasta in the pan with a splash of its cooking water. Stir in most of the breadcrumb mix. Season, divide among the bowls, then top with the remaining breadcrumbs to serve.
Easy swaps: Replace the crab with chopped cooked prawns or brown shrimps.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crab and cherry tomato pasta with basil and lemon
A simple pasta dish that’s ideal to make for friends and family midweek.
Crab and lemon farfalle
This simple seafood pasta recipe is quick and easy, but smart enough for entertaining.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...