Chilli butter and crab pasta
- April 2022
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
Serve up a 15-minute meal that tastes like a restaurant dish. Our aromatic crab pasta is tossed with chilli butter, breadcrumbs and lemon.
Need dinner in a dash? You’ll find plenty more quick ideas in our 15-minute meals collection.
- 27g (7.8g saturated)
- 92g (4.2g sugars)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ small bunch parsley, chopped
- 200g spaghetti or linguine
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 banana shallot, very finely chopped
- 100g white crabmeat
- ½-1 tsp chilli flakes
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the breadcrumbs for 5 minutes until golden, stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the parsley. Set aside and wipe the pan clean.
- Cook the spaghetti or linguine in a pan of salted water according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil and the butter in the pan over a low-medium heat. Add the shallot and a pinch of salt and fry for 7 minutes to soften. Stir in the crab, chilli, lemon zest and juice.
- Toss the pasta in the pan with a splash of its cooking water. Stir in most of the breadcrumb mix. Season, divide among the bowls, then top with the remaining breadcrumbs to serve.
Easy swaps: Replace the crab with chopped cooked prawns or brown shrimps.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crab and cherry tomato pasta with basil and lemon
A simple pasta dish that’s ideal to make for friends...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter