Quick spicy crab, chilli and lemon pasta
- January 2010
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
A super-easy pasta dish with crab, chilli and lemon. It can be thrown together in minutes, but the crab makes it feel luxurious and special.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 150g spaghetti or linguine (we like La Pasta di Aldo Filini from Waitrose)
- 2 spring onions or baby leeks, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200ml white wine
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 200g fresh white crab meat (see our how-to video below)
- 50g wild rocket
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, drain well, then toss with a little olive oil.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat, add the spring onions or baby leeks and chilli and fry for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the wine and bubble for 1-2 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- Turn down the heat, add the lemon zest and juice and crab meat, and stir to combine. Season to taste, then add to the cooked pasta along with the rocket and mix well. Divide between 2 pasta bowls to serve.
You could use cooked king prawns instead of crab in the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crab and cherry tomato pasta with basil and lemon
A simple pasta dish that’s ideal to make for friends and family midweek.
Crab and lemon farfalle
This simple seafood pasta recipe is quick and easy, but smart enough for entertaining.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...