Crab and lemon farfalle
- June 2009
- 150g frozen pea and bean mix
- 150g farfalle or other pasta shape
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp frozen diced shallots or 3 shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp frozen snipped chives or a small bunch fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200g fresh (see our how-to video below) or tinned white crab meat, shredded
- Lemon wedges
- Bring a small pan of salted water to the boil and cook the frozen pea and bean mix for 3 minutes, then drain and refresh in cold water.
- Remove the broad beans from their skins if you like, and set aside. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to pack instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and sweat the shallots for 5 minutes until softened. Drain the pasta and add chives along with the beans, peas and softened shallots. Stir through crème fraîche, the zest and juice of 1 lemon and the white crab meat.
- Divide between shallow bowls and serve, with extra lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Hot-smoked salmon would make a great alternative to crab.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crab and cherry tomato pasta with basil and lemon
A simple pasta dish that’s ideal to make for friends and family midweek.