Crab and lemon farfalle
- June 2009
- 150g frozen pea and bean mix
- 150g farfalle or other pasta shape
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp frozen diced shallots or 3 shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp frozen snipped chives or a small bunch fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200g fresh (see our how-to video below) or tinned white crab meat, shredded
- Lemon wedges
- Bring a small pan of salted water to the boil and cook the frozen pea and bean mix for 3 minutes, then drain and refresh in cold water.
- Remove the broad beans from their skins if you like, and set aside. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to pack instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and sweat the shallots for 5 minutes until softened. Drain the pasta and add chives along with the beans, peas and softened shallots. Stir through crème fraîche, the zest and juice of 1 lemon and the white crab meat.
- Divide between shallow bowls and serve, with extra lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Hot-smoked salmon would make a great alternative to crab.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crab and cherry tomato pasta with basil and lemon
A simple pasta dish that’s ideal to make for friends and family midweek.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...