Chilli chicken udon noodles with ginger
- October 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus marinating
Healthy, light, tasty and filling, this chilli chicken udon noodle recipe will tick all the boxes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7.9g (2.6g saturated)
- 59.7g (10.6 sugar)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, 1 tbsp juice, plus extra lime halves to serve
- 4 tbsp Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce (we like Blue Dragon)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 100g mangetout, trimmed
- 2 x 300g packs Amoy Straight To Wok Udon Noodles
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Use a sharp knife to make a few slashes in the chicken breasts, then put them in a non-metallic bowl. Add the lime zest and juice, chilli sauce and coriander and stir well. Set aside to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Place the chicken on the rack of a grill pan and grill for 15 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 3 minutes and the mangetout for 2 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
- Put the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and return to the pan. Add the hot broccoli and mangetout, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and sesame seeds and gently combine.
- Divide the noodles between 4 bowls, then slice the chicken and arrange on top. Serve with extra lime halves to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Quick sesame prawn, spring onion and radish stir-fry
Pull out your wok and rustle up this quick and easy Asian supper. Peanuts and...