Chocolate and almond tart
- September 2004
- Serves 6-8
- Takes 50 mins to make and 50 minutes to bake
A dairy-free chocolate and almond tart recipe that is also low calorie – what more could you want?
- Dairy-free recipes
- 16.7g (4g saturated)
- 44g (25.2g sugars)
For 8 servings
- 150g plain flour
- 50g olive oil spread (50% less fat)
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
For the filling
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 400ml Alpro soya dairy-free alternative to milk (chocolate flavour)
- 100g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 75g ground almonds
- To make the pastry, sift the flour into a food processor and add the olive oil spread and icing sugar. Process until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add 3 tablespoons of cold water and pulse until the mixture comes together. Tip onto a floured work surface and shape into a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Lightly flour the work surface and roll the pastry out thinly. Use it to line a 23cm x 3cm greased, deep loose-bottomed fluted tart tin. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill it with baking beans, then bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and paper and return the pastry case to the oven for 5 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4.
- Put the cocoa, cornflour and sugar into a jug. Gradually stir in 200ml chocolate soya milk and microwave on high for 1 ½ minutes. Stir, then microwave for a further minute. Add 50g chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk the eggs and the almonds, then gradually pour in the remaining 200ml of chocolate soya milk. Whisk into the thickened chocolate mixture, then pour into the pastry case. Bake for about 30 minutes until the filling has just set but still has a slight wobble in the centre. Cool completely.
- Use a potato peeler to shave curls from the remaining chocolate (see tips), and scatter over the tart. Dust with cocoa and icing sugar before serving
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...