Chocolate and panettone pudding
- December 2010
- Serves 8
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook, plus standing
If you’ve been inundated with panettone this Christmas, this chocolate and panettone pudding recipe is a great way to use it up – it’s like a super-festive version of bread and butter pudding.
- 53.4g (30.4g saturated)
- 65.3g (23.6g sugar)
- Butter for greasing
- 900g fruit panettone
- 5-6 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 30g caster sugar
- 800ml double cream, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease a large ovenproof dish. Slice the panettone into thin wedges and arrange half in the dish, overlapping. Drizzle with half the amaretto, then scatter over half the chopped chocolate. Repeat with the remaining panettone, amaretto and chocolate.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and sugar, then whisk in the cream. Pour evenly over the top of the panettone, then let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes until puffed up and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving with lashings of double cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Panettone, vin santo berries and zabaglione cream trifle
A master pairing of boozy berries, panettone and creamy zabaglione makes this Christmassy trifle recipe...
Panettone french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts
Use up leftover panettone to make this french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts...
Christmas baking recipes
Warming spices, boozy sponges and plenty of sweet,...
Christmas breakfast recipes
Make Christmas breakfast special with these recipes. We...
Christmas pudding recipes
From the classics to the inventive, we've got...
Christmas leftover recipes
Be wise to wastage and turn your leftover...
Italian dessert recipes
From pannacotta to panettone and tiramisu to torta...
Bread and butter pudding recipes
The classic bread and butter pudding fills households...