- December 2005
- for lots of people
- Takes 30 minutes to make, plus freezing
Using just a few good quality ingredients you can quickly make these perfect chocolate truffles, either for yourself, for guests or as a gift.
- 340g plain chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 60g butter, softened
- 200ml double cream
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Break up the chocolate, chop finely and put into a mixing bowl with the butter.
- Place the cream and sugar in a saucepan and bring just to the boil. Pour the cream onto the chocolate and butter and beat until it is smooth and shiny. Freeze for a few hours, until firm enough to shape.
- Mix the cocoa and icing sugar together. Dust a baking sheet lined with baking paper with half of the cocoa sugar. Spoon the truffle mix onto the baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread it into a rectangle 4cm x 28cm x 3cm deep – use a ruler to get straight sides. Dust with the remaining cocoa sugar. Put into the freezer until firm. Use a sharp knife dipped in hot water to cut into 1cm slices. Chill until ready to serve.
This truffle mix can also be rolled into balls – dust your hands with the cocoa sugar and roll. You can also add 2 tablespoons of liqueur, brandy, rum or whisky to the truffle mix, if you like. The truffles will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frozen dessert recipes
‘Feast’ truffle bombes with chocolate hazelnut sauce
Recreate the classic Feast ice cream with these amazing chocolate ice cream truffle bombes, served...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...