- December 2005
- for lots of people
- Takes 30 minutes to make, plus freezing
Using just a few good quality ingredients you can quickly make these perfect chocolate truffles, either for yourself, for guests or as a gift.
- 340g plain chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 60g butter, softened
- 200ml double cream
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Break up the chocolate, chop finely and put into a mixing bowl with the butter.
- Place the cream and sugar in a saucepan and bring just to the boil. Pour the cream onto the chocolate and butter and beat until it is smooth and shiny. Freeze for a few hours, until firm enough to shape.
- Mix the cocoa and icing sugar together. Dust a baking sheet lined with baking paper with half of the cocoa sugar. Spoon the truffle mix onto the baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread it into a rectangle 4cm x 28cm x 3cm deep – use a ruler to get straight sides. Dust with the remaining cocoa sugar. Put into the freezer until firm. Use a sharp knife dipped in hot water to cut into 1cm slices. Chill until ready to serve.
This truffle mix can also be rolled into balls – dust your hands with the cocoa sugar and roll. You can also add 2 tablespoons of liqueur, brandy, rum or whisky to the truffle mix, if you like. The truffles will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frozen dessert recipes
‘Feast’ truffle bombes with chocolate hazelnut sauce
Recreate the classic Feast ice cream with these amazing chocolate ice cream truffle bombes, served...