- August 2011
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g cooking chorizo, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 390g carton Sainsbury’s Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli, or similar
- 200ml fresh chicken stock, hot
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet Ready to Eat Wholesome Grains (from Sainsbury’s and Waitrose)
- 100g ready-roasted peppers, sliced
- Pack of Sainsbury’s British Summer Salad Mix (mint, chives and coriander) or similar, chopped
- Garlic bread to serve
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over a medium-high heat, add the chorizo and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to crisp and release its juices. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Add the onion to the pan, lower the heat and soften for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock. Season well, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chorizo, the grains and peppers to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for a couple more minutes, or until warmed through.
- Spoon into bowls, scatter generously with the chopped herbs and serve with warm garlic bread.
Double the recipe and freeze two portions for a quick lunch option
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...