- August 2011
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g cooking chorizo, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 390g carton Sainsbury’s Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli, or similar
- 200ml fresh chicken stock, hot
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet Ready to Eat Wholesome Grains (from Sainsbury’s and Waitrose)
- 100g ready-roasted peppers, sliced
- Pack of Sainsbury’s British Summer Salad Mix (mint, chives and coriander) or similar, chopped
- Garlic bread to serve
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over a medium-high heat, add the chorizo and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to crisp and release its juices. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Add the onion to the pan, lower the heat and soften for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock. Season well, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chorizo, the grains and peppers to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for a couple more minutes, or until warmed through.
- Spoon into bowls, scatter generously with the chopped herbs and serve with warm garlic bread.
Double the recipe and freeze two portions for a quick lunch option
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter