- February 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
A super tasty cheat’s paella that you can quickly whip up in 15 minutes after a busy day at work. The chorizo adds heaps of instant flavour whilst the peppers and peas bring colour and natural sweetness to this dish.
When you’ve got a little more time, try our chicken, chorizo and prawn paella recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8.1g (2.8g saturated)
- 40.6g (4.8g sugars)
- ½ x 200g chorizo ring, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 150g frozen peas
- ½ chicken stock cube (we like Knorr)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g (drained weight) roasted red peppers, sliced
- ½ tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 500g leftover cooked rice or 2 x 250g cooked rice pouches
- Small bunch fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Put a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo and onion for 4-5 minutes until the onion has softened and the chorizo has released its oils. Meanwhile, put the frozen peas into a heatproof bowl, pour over 150ml boiling water, add the stock cube and stir.
- Add the garlic, red peppers and paprika to the pan and cook, stirring, for another minute. Stir in the rice, then add the pea and stock mixture and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is piping hot. Serve sprinkled with parsley, with lemon wedges for squeezing.
To safely store leftover rice, cool as quickly as possible (spreading it out on a cool plate or baking tray helps to bring the temperature down quickly). When cool, cover and store in the fridge. Don’t keep cooked rice for any longer than 1 day.
Add a pinch of saffron and replace the water with white wine, if you like.
Rate & review