Classic hot toddy
- Ferbuary 2006
- Serves 1
- Ready in 5 mins
Nothing can warm you and lift your spirits in the depths of winter like a hot toddy. The warm whisky cocktail is so soothing, some use it for medicinal purposes; it’s a great decongestant.
Want to take the warming flavours of this recipe one step further? Our spiced hot toddy cake is a must-make boozy cake.
- 30ml Irish whiskey (try Bushmills or Jameson)
- 2-3 cloves
- Slices of lemon (optional)
- 1 large tsp demerara sugar
- Pour the whiskey into a thick glass tumbler, add the cloves and stir. Top up with very hot – but not boiling – water, to taste.
- Add a lemon slice, or two, then stir in the sugar. Drink while very warm, inhaling the steam.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter