Hot buttered rum
- January 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min
Hot, buttery and fiery with ginger, these boozy hot toddys pack a serious punch. Curl up with this warming drink, garnished with fresh lemon slices, next to a roaring fire in the winter.
- 5.2g (3.3g saturated)
- 9.8g (9.7g sugars)
- 150ml dark rum (you can use whisky or brandy if you prefer)
- 200ml Stone’s Ginger Wine
- 8 whole cloves, lightly bashed
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 200ml boiling water
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 25g butter
- 4 long rosemary sprigs
- Put all the ingredients, apart from the butter and rosemary, in a small pan over a medium heat. Warm, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the toddy is steaming (don’t boil).
- Add the butter and stir until melted. Divide the toddy among heatproof glasses or cups, then add a rosemary sprig to each one.
Rate & review