Cod with garlic sweet potato mash and lemon spinach
- July 2015
- 4 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sustainable skin-on cod fillets
- 2 lemons
- 250g spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pierce the sweet potatoes, then microwave on high for 10-12 minutes until soft. (Or roughly chop, then boil in a large pan of water for 10-15 minutes until tender.)
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan over a high heat. Fry the fish, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes until crisp. Fry on the other side for 2 minutes more or until cooked. Put on a plate, halve the lemons and squeeze over the juice of one. Keep warm.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan and put over a medium-high heat. Gently fry the spinach for 1-2 minutes, then squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and peel and crush in the garlic. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, then cook until the spinach has wilted. Set aside.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and season. Serve with the fish and spinach. Grate over a little lemon zest and add ground black pepper.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter