Connecticut hot lobster rolls
- July 2013
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, Simmer time 15 min
These lobster rolls are a quick and easy summery treat and go well with a buttery chardonnay.
- 24.4g (13.2g saturated)
- 23.2g (1.5g sugars)
- 4 hot dog buns, halved lengthways
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 medium (1kg) cooked lobsters, meat chopped, claws whole (see Know-how)
- Small bunch of fresh chives, snipped
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Spread the cut side of the buns with 10g of the butter, then toast, buttered-side down, in a large frying pan over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Spread the uncooked side of the buns with 10g butter, then turn and toast for 5-6 minutes and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 80g butter in a large saucepan, then stir in the lobster meat and chives. Heat until the butter sizzles and the lobster is hot. Season, then fill the toasted rolls and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
To learn the easiest way to cook and prepare lobsters, visit deliciousmagazine.co.uk/lobster.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...