Corn on the cob with cheese and chilli butter
- September 2017
- Serves 6
Barbecued corn on the cob meets melty cheese and chilli in this quick and easy side dish – it’s the perfect recipe to keep the taste of summer alive.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 28.2g (16g saturated)
- 8.3g (2.4g sugars)
- 6 corn cobs
- Vegetable oil
- 150g softened butter
- 2 finely chopped red chillies
- 75g grated monterey jack cheese (or cheddar)
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 tsp sriracha chilli sauce
- 2 finely chopped pickled jalapeños
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Peel back the husks from the corn cobs and remove the silks, then fold the husks back over the corn. Boil for 5 minutes or until nearly tender, drain and dry them off.
- Rub the outsides with a little vegetable oil. Heat a barbecue or griddle pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning, until the husks are charred and the corn is tender.
- In a bowl, mix the butter with the red chillies, the cheese, the lime zest, the sriracha chilli sauce and the pickled jalapeños. Season. Open the husks, rub the corn with the butter, then sprinkle with smoked paprika. Let the butter melt, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer soup recipes
Spicy sweetcorn soup with toasted corn and crispy pancetta
This easy sweetcorn soup recipe is made extra-special by a sprinkling of toasted corn and...