- December 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 45 min
This recipe uses the leftovers from our smoky sausage chilli recipe for a weeknight meal that requires minimum effort.
- 30.8g (13.6g saturated)
- 56.8g (14.7g sugars)
- ⅓ batch smoky sausage chilli
- 2 x 400g cans pinto beans, drained
- 1-2 tbsp barbecue sauce (we used Heinz Sticky Barbecue Sauce)
- 2 x 400g packs ready-made mash, microwaved for 2 minutes
- 50g mature cheddar, grated
- Fresh coriander leaves to serve
You’ll also need…
- 1.5 litre ovenproof dish
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Mix the chilli with the beans in a medium saucepan and warm through over a medium heat until steaming. Add the barbecue sauce, taste and season.
- Pour the mixture into the dish and top with the warmed mash. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake for 45 minutes until golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.
Prepare the pie without baking, then chill for up to 24 hours.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...