Crayfish and prawn cocktail salad
- January 2008
- Serves 6
- Ready in 10 minutes
This crayfish and prawn cocktail salad is ready in just 10 minutes. Serve it as a light starter at your next party.
- 2 x 200g tubs chilled prawn cocktail
- 350g cooked and peeled crayfish
- 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Fresh chives
- Gem lettuce hearts
- Cayenne pepper
- Rustic bread loaf
- Tip the tubs of prawn cocktail into a large bowl, along with the crayfish (or use cooked, mixed seafood).
- Add a generous pinch of cayenne pepper, the lemon juice and a handful snipped fresh chives.
- Season and gently mix together. Separate the leaves from 4 little gem lettuce hearts and arrange on 6 starter plates, overlapping them slightly. Top with the cocktail mixture and sprinkle with extra cayenne pepper and a few more snipped chives, to garnish.
- Serve with rustic bread (we like a walnut loaf) and a lemon, cut into wedges, to squeeze over.
Rate & review