Creamy tarragon pork
- June 2009
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 500g diced pork loin
- 250ml chicken stock (from a stock cube), hot
- Handful fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- Pared zest of 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp double cream
- Dollop of Dijon mustard
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry until soft. Increase the heat to high, add the pork and cook until browned all over. Add the stock, tarragon and lemon zest, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the pork is almost cooked.
- Stir in the cream and Dijon mustard. Check the seasoning, adding the lemon juice, if necessary.
- Divide the creamy pork among plates and serve with new potato mash and a green salad or steamed green vegetables.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy pork medallions with spinach and lentils
Comfort on a plate that’s ready in just 20 minutes; pork medallions are cooked with...
Stews, casseroles, pot-roasts and slow-roasts
Creamy pork and sherry casserole with parmesan dumplings
This pork and sherry casserole can be made in either an oven or a slow-cooker,...