Crispy parmesan pork with creamy colcannon
- April 2011
- 2 x 100g pork loin medallions
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 100g flavoured dried breadcrumbs
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ½ x 300g pot Waitrose
- Cider & Mustard sauce
- 450g ready-made mashed potato
- 120g chopped cabbage and leeks
- Put the pork medallions between 2 pieces of cling film or baking paper and bash with a rolling pin until 1cm thick.
- Set up 3 plates, one with the flour, one with the beaten egg and one with a mix of the breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Dust the pork in the flour, dip in the egg, then the breadcrumb crust mixture.
- Heat 2cm oil in a large frying pan until a cube of bread turns golden in 60 seconds. Fry the crumbed pork for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway through. Keep warm.
- Heat the cider and mustard sauce, then heat the mash according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, stir-fry the cabbage and leeks in a little butter (or just water if you prefer), for 3-5 minutes until softened. Stir the greens through the mash and season with black pepper.
- Serve each pork medallion with mash, with sauce spooned over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...