Pork chops stuffed with spinach, goat’s cheese and sun-dried tomatoes
- May 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 15-20 min
These breaded pork chops are filled with a Mediterranean-style mix of spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and goat’s cheese. Ready in under an hour, it’s great for a weeknight.
Prefer chicken? These lemony breaded chicken breasts are ideal.
- 36.4g (9g saturated)
- 23.6g (2.4g sugars)
- Olive oil
- 1 very finely chopped shallot
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 40g spinach, blanched in boiling water and excess liquid squeezed out
- 30g roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 50g soft goat’s cheese
- 2 British free-range bone-in pork chops
- 1 lightly beaten large free-range egg
- 60g dried breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Baby leaf salad and lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Heat a glug of olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chopped shallot for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add garlic and fry for another minute, then remove to a small mixing bowl. Add the blanched spinach, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest and goat’s cheese with a pinch of salt and pepper, then mix well to combine.
- Remove the outer fat from the pork chops, then cut a slit along the side of each chop to form a pocket. Stuff the pockets carefully with the goat’s cheese mixture. Put the beaten egg on a lipped plate and breadcrumbs on another. Coat the pork chops in the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a glug of vegetable oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the pork chops for 3 minutes on each side until golden. Put the chops on a small baking tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until piping hot and cooked through. Serve with a baby leaf salad and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork recipes from around the world
Pork chops baked in chorizo and black olive tomato sauce
Guaranteed to bring a taste of Spanish sunshine to your midweek dinner, this easy oven...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...