Pork chops stuffed with spinach, goat’s cheese and sun-dried tomatoes
- May 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 15-20 min
These breaded pork chops are filled with a Mediterranean-style mix of spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and goat’s cheese. Ready in under an hour, it’s great for a weeknight.
Prefer chicken? These lemony breaded chicken breasts are ideal.
- 36.4g (9g saturated)
- 23.6g (2.4g sugars)
- Olive oil
- 1 very finely chopped shallot
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 40g spinach, blanched in boiling water and excess liquid squeezed out
- 30g roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 50g soft goat’s cheese
- 2 British free-range bone-in pork chops
- 1 lightly beaten large free-range egg
- 60g dried breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Baby leaf salad and lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Heat a glug of olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chopped shallot for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add garlic and fry for another minute, then remove to a small mixing bowl. Add the blanched spinach, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest and goat’s cheese with a pinch of salt and pepper, then mix well to combine.
- Remove the outer fat from the pork chops, then cut a slit along the side of each chop to form a pocket. Stuff the pockets carefully with the goat’s cheese mixture. Put the beaten egg on a lipped plate and breadcrumbs on another. Coat the pork chops in the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a glug of vegetable oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the pork chops for 3 minutes on each side until golden. Put the chops on a small baking tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until piping hot and cooked through. Serve with a baby leaf salad and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork recipes from around the world
Pork chops baked in chorizo and black olive tomato sauce
Guaranteed to bring a taste of Spanish sunshine to your midweek dinner, this easy oven...