Crusty Persian rice with lamb meatballs recipe
- March 2011
- Serves 2
- Takes 25 minutes to cook
Experience the flavours of the Middle East with this crusty Persian rice with lamb meatballs recipe.
- Knob of Butter-Fingers Hot Chilli & Lime Zest Butter
- 8 lamb meatballs
- 100g Waitrose Ready To Go Red Onion (pre-sliced)
- 250g Tilda Chickpea, Yoghurt and Mint Steamed Basmati Rice
- 150g pot thick natural yogurt to serve
- Heat the butter in a casserole or heavy-based saucepan (with a lid). Add the meatballs and pre-sliced red onion and cook for 5-7 minutes until nicely browned.
- Stir in the rice, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook gently for 15 minutes (without lifting the lid) until the rice is crusty and golden on the bottom and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with a spoonful of yogurt.
Rate & review