Diana Henry’s chicken thighs with feta cheese, dill, lemon and harissa yoghurt
- October 2019
- Serves four
- 5 minutes hands-on time, 45 minutes cooking time
Taken from Dianry Henry’s latest book; From The Oven To The Table, this succulent dish made with chicken thighs is a super all-in-one casserole that can be ready in just 45 minutes.
- 450g small waxy potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 red onions, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 good-sized skin-on bone-in chicken thighs, excess skin neatly trimmed
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon, plus juice of ½ lemon
- 75–100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 10g dill leaves, torn
- 250g Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- Preheat the oven to 190°C fan (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Put the potatoes, onions, garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of the oil, salt and
pepper into a 30cm (12in) wide shallow casserole or ovenproof sauté pan.
- Toss everything around with your hands. Put the chicken thighs on top, skin side up. Brush the remaining oil on the chicken and season it.
- Roast for 40–45 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and the potatoes tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over, then scatter on the zest, feta and dill. Put the yogurt into a bowl and spoon the harissa on top. Serve the chicken with the harissa yogurt on the side.
If you like a mixture of thighs and drumsticks, this recipe will work with those, too, just replace half the thighs with drumsticks.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet potato recipes
Diana Henry’s pilaf of mixed grains, sweet potato and fennel
For a hearty vegetarian dinner, try Diana Henry’s pilaf recipe...
October seasonal recipes
Diana Henry’s Mexican chicken and pumpkin with pepita pesto
Diana Henry’s Mexican chicken recipe is marinated with fresh thyme,...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter