Easy wholewheat spaghetti with rocket and goat’s cheese pesto
- April 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on 15-20 min
When it comes to pesto, the possibilities are endless – swap the classic recipe for one using walnuts, rocket and goat’s cheese and serve with spaghetti for a budget friendly midweek meal.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 33.8g (8.1g saturated)
- 58g (4.1g sugars)
- 350g wholewheat spaghetti
- 140g rocket
- 2 garlic cloves
- 60g walnuts, lightly toasted in a dry frying pan
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 40g soft goat’s cheese plus 60g to serve (we used Chavroux)
- 80ml olive oil
- Chilli flakes to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whizz the rocket, garlic, walnuts, lemon juice, 40g goat’s cheese and some salt and pepper to a rough paste in a small processor, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil with the motor running. (Or pound to a paste in a large pestle and mortar, then stir in the oil).
- Drain the pasta, reserving 2 tbsp of the pasta water. Tip the pasta back into the pan and toss in the pesto, lemon zest and reserved cooking water. Serve topped with dollops of the remaining goat’s cheese and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Strawberry and elderflower fool with lemon biscuits
You’d be a fool not to try these light, summery strawberry and elderflower desserts topped...