Lamb tray roast with mustard, leek and tomatoes
- April 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 28-33 min
This easy lamb tray roast sees cutlets, leeks, peppers and beans all cooked in the same roasting tray and pepped up with wholegrain mustard.
Or, how about this autumnal traybake with lamb, pumpkin and feta?
- 17.2g (6g saturated)
- 14.2g (8.6g sugars)
- 2 leeks, cut into 2cm slices
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled and lightly bashed with a rolling pin
- Drizzle olive oil or rapeseed oil
- 400g tin borlotti beans, drained
- 250ml hot lamb or chicken stock
- 400g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4-8 lamb cutlets (depending on appetite; see Tips)
- 2-4 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Crusty bread or potatoes to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200ºC fan/gas 7. Put the leeks, peppers and garlic on a baking tray or in a roasting tin, drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the borlotti beans, stock and cherry tomatoes to the tray/tin, stirring to combine, then roast for 6-8 minutes more. Meanwhile, coat the lamb cutlets on both sides with the mustard (½ tbsp per cutlet), add them to the tray/tin and roast for 12-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the lamb with the roast vegetables and roasting pan juices, as it is or with crusty bread or your favourite potatoes.
Easy swaps: Swap lamb cutlets for small chicken thighs, adding them to the tray in step 1.
Halve to serve two: Easy to do, but use a smaller tray so nothing dries out during cooking.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken and veg traybake
The root vegetables in this traybake cook till caramelised, in the chicken juices and wine....
Berbere-spiced chicken, potato and greens traybake
This gorgeous springtime traybake uses a berbere spice blend made with chilli, coriander, allspice, cumin and...