Egg and bean crumpet
- November 2002
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 5 min, cooking time 5 min
There’s no better way to enjoy your breakfast crumpet than topped with a runny poached egg, baked beans and a sprinkling of black pepper.
- 6.7g (1.7g saturates)
- 42g (7.6g sugars)
- 1 egg
- 1 crumpet
- 1 small can reduced sugar and salt baked beans
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, chopped (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat so the water is just steaming, then create a whirlpool with a spoon. Break the egg into the water and cook for 2–3 min for a runny yolk, or until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, toast the crumpet and heat the beans. Serve the beans on the crumpet, then top with the egg, sprinkled with black pepper and herbs, if using.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...