Egg and bean crumpet
- November 2002
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 5 min, cooking time 5 min
There’s no better way to enjoy your breakfast crumpet than topped with a runny poached egg, baked beans and a sprinkling of black pepper.
- 6.7g (1.7g saturates)
- 42g (7.6g sugars)
- 1 egg
- 1 crumpet
- 1 small can reduced sugar and salt baked beans
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, chopped (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat so the water is just steaming, then create a whirlpool with a spoon. Break the egg into the water and cook for 2–3 min for a runny yolk, or until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, toast the crumpet and heat the beans. Serve the beans on the crumpet, then top with the egg, sprinkled with black pepper and herbs, if using.
Rate & review