Pork chops with spiced baked beans
- December 2010
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 90g black pudding, crumbled
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 150ml white wine
- 400g tinned cherry tomatoes
- 400g tinned haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a shallow flameproof casserole over a medium heat, season the chops and brown for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside. Add the black pudding and fry for 2 minutes or until crisp. Set aside and keep warm.
- Lower the heat, add the shallots and soften for 10 minutes, stirring through the garlic and cayenne pepper for the final 2 minutes.
- Pour over the wine and bubble until reduced by half. Stir through the tomatoes, beans and Worcestershire sauce. Season.
- Return the chops to the casserole and simmer for a couple of minutes or until the pork is cooked. Divide the bean mixture among 4 plates, with a chop on top. Scatter over the black pudding and parsley to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fennel seed crusted pork chops with quince and apple compôte
Debbie Major uses ancient, autumnal quinces to make a compôte...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter