Falafel with harissa dressing
- September 2006
- 410g can chickpeas, drained
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Tip the chickpeas into a food processor. Add three-quarters of the spring onion, the cumin and 1 tablespoon harissa paste. Juice 1/2 lemon, add 1 tablespoon juice to the chickpeas and cut the remaining half into wedges to serve (set the remaining juice aside). Season and whizz until the mixture comes together. Shape into 6 small, firm patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the patties and fry for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining harissa and olive oil with some lemon juice, to taste. Season and stir in the remaining spring onion.
- Divide the falafels between 2 plates and drizzle with some dressing. Serve with the lemon wedges, some rocket and toasted ciabatta, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...