Sprouts with lemon parsley crumbs
- December 2009
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook
Crunchy lemony crumbs add extra flavour to a traditional sprout recipe. Freeze ahead to have them handy for a winter roast.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6.6g (3.5g saturated)
- 11.2g (3g sugar)
- 750g brussels sprouts, trimmed and outer leaves discarded
- 50g butter
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Small handful fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Place the sprouts in a large pan of boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes until nearly tender. Drain and plunge into cold water to refresh, then drain again.
- Meanwhile, melt half the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the lemon zest, fresh breadcrumbs and parsley and toss until the breadcrumbs are toasted and lightly golden. Season, remove from the pan and set aside.
- When ready to serve, melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Put the sprouts in the frying pan and warm through over a low heat. Tip into a bowl, then scatter with the crumbs.
To freeze: Parboil the sprouts in boiling water, then refesh under cold running water. Pat dry andplace in a freezer bag. To serve, heat from frozen, in a pan with some olive oil and butter, for about 10 minutes before adding the crumbs.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Brussels sprouts recipes
Sprouts and roasted carrots with butter and macadamia nuts
Fry off your brussels sprouts with carrots and macadamia nuts and watch everyone at the...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...